Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I love couponing!

Harris Teeter has become one of my favorite grocery stores to shop at. It has been confirmed that they will be doing triple coupons again starting on the 27th of May. The only bad thing about them doing triples is that I have yet to get all of my coupons organized.
I buy 4 to 6 newspapers every week and it is hard to keep up with them all. The way that I do my coupons consume a lot of time to organize but it makes it easy when it comes time to go shopping. My coupons that I have cut are in a binder with baseball card holders as organizers then I have the coupons placed in the binder by location in the store so I have one section for beverages, medicines, refrigerated, frozen and misc. My refrigerated, frozen and misc are broken down even further. I have mini sections for each of those breads, cereals, cheese, meats, gum, etc. For the coupons that I haven't clipped yet I have a file folder system in place so I can still find my coupons easily.
On a positive note coupons save me and my family a lot of money. We went from spending 600 at the grocery store every two weeks plus more on going out to eat and extra stuff that we ran out of to spending 150 every two weeks for everything that is a shopping expense (cvs, wags, harris teeter, bilo, target, etc...). For example last night I went to bilo I purchased 10 bags of Knorr sides they were on sale 10 for 10 then bought 6 packages of bar s hot dogs. Total before hand would have been 16 dollars plus three dollars back to spend on your next trip (from the knorr/unilever deal) I had 5 coupons for the knorr that was .75 off of two knorr sides but bilo doubles coupons so that was 1.50 off of two bags of knorr. So I spent .25 cents on each bag of knorr sides then the hot dogs were 1.00 each and I had a coupon for 1.00 off of 2 packages making them .50 cents each.
After I get done with this next round of triples at Harris Teeter I will post a picture with price breakdown of my shopping trips and will also post a picture of my stockpile.
Yay for free or very cheap food.

No comments: